The recording of this event will be available from May 11 on,
please come back to check the video.
Read in Türkçe (Turkish)
The International Press Institute (IPI) and Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul hosted a webinar on May 3, World Press Freedom Day on “Quality Journalism: Threats and Opportunities” with distinguished speakers:
* İpek Cem Taha, Columbia Global Centers | Istanbul Director
* Scott Griffen, IPI Deputy Director
* Emre Kızılkaya, IPI Turkey National Committee Vice Chair, Senior Researcher
* Faruk Bildirici, Journalist and Media Ombudsman
* Minez Bayülgen, Editor of Kapsül news start-up, İstanbul
* How did political, social, and technological developments in the past 70 years impact journalism in Turkey and the world?
* How do Turkey’s news media outlets cope with press freedom violations and the ongoing business model crisis?
* What are the impacts, reach, and needs of Turkey’s independent media in the age of global platforms?
* What is the future of news media? What are the threats and opportunities for journalism and the public good?
IPI Turkey National Committee Vice-Chair Emre Kızılkaya presented the findings of IPI Turkey Digital Media Report “‘The New Mainstream’ Is Rising (And It Seeks Support)“.
Funded by the European Union